• 2020 •
Continue my streak from last year and spend time in God’s Word every single day.
So far, so good!
Do a “no-spend” week.
Visit somewhere new with Daniel. ✓
1. New York Public Library, new Broadway shows, and lots more of Central Park on our NYC trip
2. The emergency room…..lol. I had to have emergency surgery unexpectedly in May, but I’m totally okay now!
3. Colorado Springs with the Simma fam – Pike’s Peak, Manitou Springs, Royal Gorge, Garden of the Gods
4. San Diego, California, for David Reagan’s wedding
Call my parents, siblings, and grandparents more. ✓
As of February: Already working on this! Only a few months into the year and I’ve already had multiple extended phone conversations with all of them.
As of April: WELL……lol. Thanks to the coronavirus pandemic, I have DEFINITELY accomplished this goal!!
Try something new: an intimidating recipe, learn common phrases in a few other languages, geocaching, maybe a yoga pose. Something brand new to me. ✓
1. Completed the Operation Underground Railroad Signs of Trafficking course online
2. Hosted a wine-and-pairing party for Joel’s birthday and tried a Cabernet Sauvignon and prosciutto for the first time
3. Ate authentic Chinese barbecue in Chinatown – NOT what I had planned on ordering originally, but I just went with it. And I ate the entire meal with chopsticks.
4. Holy smokes…where to even start with all of my quarantine things?? I found out what working from home was like, I attempted braiding my own hair, I learned the best way to roast potatoes, I made homemade freaking croissants, and I made my first chicken pot pie, crust and all (AND IT WAS BALLER).
Go to a drive-in movie.
Make some emergency preparedness kits: one for the car, one for the basement, etc. ✓
Have at least one TV-free day per week and one social media-free day per month.
January: TV ⊗⊗✓✓✓ // Social media ✓
February: TV ✓⊗⊗✓ // Social media ⊗
March: TV ✓⊗⊗⊗ // Social media ⊗
April: TV ⊗⊗✓✓⊗ // Social media ✓
May: TV ✓⊗⊗⊗ // Social media ✓
June: TV ✓⊗⊗✓ // Social media ✓
July: TV ✓⊗⊗✓✓ // Social media ✓
August: TV ✓⊗⊗✓ // Social media ✓
September: TV ⊗✓✓✓✓ // Social media ✓
October: TV ✓ _ _ _ // Social media ✓
November: TV _ _ _ _ // Social media __
December: TV _ _ _ _ _ // Social media __
Shop local more: downtown shops, summer farmer’s market, etc. ✓
1. Bought a new dress at Southern Drawl Boutique as part of my ’20 in 2020′ challenge
2. Bought salted caramel popcorn and sourdough bread from Durant Mercantile during the COVID-19 quarantine
3. Bought my mom-in-law’s birthday gifts from the Kopper Kettle
4. Bought ice cream for movie night from Caked Up instead of Braum’s
5. Bought rose boho overalls and dark grey shorts from Trippie Hippie
6. Frequented the Farmer’s Market and got a bougainvillea plant, micro greens, farm fresh eggs, pumpkins, and loose-leaf tea from Tiffany
7. Visited Opera House Coffee and Old Ice House much more often
I’m also continuing my tradition of picking a Word for the Year! The last three have been Hope, Courage, and Joy. Joy was the absolute PERFECT word to describe 2019, and for 2020, my word is:
D I S C I P L I N E .
I’m not gonna lie, my whole body dry-heaved just typing it. But I feel deeply burdened by my lack of discipline in too many important areas to count, and I am confident, yet again, that this word was given to me by the Lord for a reason. Here’s to another year of learning and growing!
What is one of your goals for this year? Tell me in the comments!