• 2020 •
Continue my streak from last year and spend time in God’s Word every single day.
Do a “no-spend” week.
Visit somewhere new with Daniel.
1. New York Public Library, new Broadway shows, and lots more of Central Park on our NYC trip
Call my parents, siblings, and grandparents more. ✓
As of February: Already working on this! Only a few months into the year and I’ve already had multiple extended phone conversations with all of them.
As of April: WELL……lol. Thanks to the coronavirus pandemic, I have DEFINITELY accomplished this goal!!
Try something new: an intimidating recipe, learn common phrases in a few other languages, geocaching, maybe a yoga pose. Something brand new to me. ✓
1. Completed the Operation Underground Railroad Signs of Trafficking course online
2. Hosted a wine-and-pairing party for Joel’s birthday and tried a Cabernet Sauvignon and prosciutto for the first time
3. Ate authentic Chinese barbecue in Chinatown – NOT what I had planned on ordering originally, but I just went with it. And I ate the entire meal with chopsticks.
4. Holy smokes…where to even start with all of my quarantine things?? I found out what working from home was like, I attempted braiding my own hair, I learned the best way to roast potatoes, I made homemade freaking croissants, and I made my first chicken pot pie, crust and all (AND IT WAS BALLER).
Go to a drive-in movie.
Make some emergency preparedness kits: one for the car, one for the basement, etc.
Have at least one TV-free day per week and one social media-free day per month.
January: TV ⊗⊗✓✓✓ // Social media ✓
February: TV ✓⊗⊗✓ // Social media ⊗
March: TV ✓⊗⊗⊗ // Social media ⊗
April: TV ⊗⊗✓✓⊗ // Social media ✓
May: TV ✓⊗⊗ _ // Social media ✓
June: TV _ _ _ _ // Social media __
July: TV _ _ _ _ _ // Social media __
August: TV _ _ _ _ // Social media __
September: TV _ _ _ _ _ // Social media __
October: TV _ _ _ _ // Social media __
November: TV _ _ _ _ // Social media __
December: TV _ _ _ _ _ // Social media __
Shop local more: downtown shops, summer farmer’s market, etc.
1. Bought a new dress at Southern Drawl Boutique as part of my ’20 in 2020′ challenge
2. Bought salted caramel popcorn and sourdough bread from Durant Mercantile during the COVID-19 quarantine
3. Bought my mom-in-law’s birthday gifts from the Kopper Kettle
I’m also continuing my tradition of picking a Word for the Year! The last three have been Hope, Courage, and Joy. Joy was the absolute PERFECT word to describe 2019, and for 2020, my word is:
D I S C I P L I N E .
I’m not gonna lie, my whole body dry-heaved just typing it. But I feel deeply burdened by my lack of discipline in too many important areas to count, and I am confident, yet again, that this word was given to me by the Lord for a reason. Here’s to another year of learning and growing!
What is one of your goals for this year? Tell me in the comments!