Oh, Wisconsin. What a beautiful fall break we spent together! I fall more in love with you every time I’m there.
This trip was heritage-themed, organized by some of Daniel’s family members with the intention of exploring the Norwegian background of and stories surrounding his mom’s side of the family. We stayed in a charming B&B lodge on Lake Ripley, and I wish we had gotten more time to enjoy the view! Our days were full to the brim with dozens of activities, including:
- the dairy farm on campus at the University of Wisconsin (including ice cream from their creamery!)
- a fancy-pants evening at a dinner theatre with incredible food and West Side Story
- Norskedalen, a Norwegian heritage center in the mountains
- a traditional lutefisk dinner at Daniel’s great-grandma’s old church
- a trip to Ridgehurst, the Ross family farm
- tons of delicious meals involving more cheese and ice cream than any normal human should consume
Can’t wait to go back again!
P.S. Have you been waiting
impatiently for more “new house” news?? Keep an eye out for a post about our future home (including pictures!) very, very soon!