I blinked and a month went by, y’all.
Like…….literally, it’s May.
We took those pictures ⇑⇑ in Alaska exactly a year ago.
I swear I say this every year, but dang, this year is flying by.
I’m so happy to be back on the blog – I’ve gotten some new followers over the last couple of weeks, so I wanted to take a quick minute to re-introduce myself. Welcome, and thanks for reading!
I’m Laura: married to Daniel and dog mom to Fitz! We love traveling, watching movies, hosting game nights, and eating good food while doing all of the above. I’ve been blogging since July of 2015 but writing for much longer. My favorite things to write about are marriage, following Jesus when you don’t feel like it, and our adventures across the globe. I’m also an aspiring event planner, and I hope to develop that dream a little more in the next few years!
Here’s a few other funny things you may not know about me:
- I had an outie belly button until I was 19. I had to have surgery to repair an umbilical hernia, and they stitched me up so tight that I can’t see the inside of it anymore. I’m a liiiittle nervous my belly button will literally explode whenever I have a giant pregnant belly. That, or poke out like a baby carrot.
- I took ballet lessons for 8 years when I was a kid. And I wish I hadn’t quit! I didn’t really have the feet or the flexibility to go anywhere big with it, but it was such a fun creative outlet.
- I am almost 30 and I still can’t go underwater without holding my nose. I know, I know. I just can’t!! I’m too afraid I’ll breathe in water and die.
- I grew up in an extremely musical family. This won’t be news to my old friends, of course. ;) Everyone in my family sings and plays the piano! We love musicals, we finish each other’s song lyrics, we can harmonize on command, and we were even affectionately referred to as the “Von Simma family” multiple times during my childhood.
- If I could have any food brought to me immediately, at any moment in time, it would be Chick Fil A. Truthfully, I’m not sure if I know anyone who loves Chick Fil A sauce as much as I do. The day I live in a town that has one will become the happiest day of my life. Move over, wedding day. (Lol, jk. Kind of.)
I am SO glad it’s Friday. We’ve got lots of fun planned for this weekend, including celebrating several friends who are graduating from nursing school and medical school. PLUSSSSS, I get to see my best friend AND my nephew Cole for the first time in MONTHS and I’m so excited about it that I might need to be sedated…!!!!
Happy weekend, guys! ♥
Your turn – tell me something funny about you in the comments!