This might be the best grilled cheese I’ve ever made in my life. A plain old grilled cheese will no longer suffice.
Lunchtime kind of stresses me out. Daniel and I both have 8-5 jobs, which means we have an hour for lunch, and I hate spending the whole hour cooking instead of taking a bit of a breather. I like easy lunches, things I can throw together quickly, and today’s creation was definitely a winner!
Grown-Up Grilled Cheese
The perfect lunch – buttery, cheesy, bacony. So much yum! Serve with fruit or veggies.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 2 sandwiches
4 slices of bread (homemade if you’re ultra domestic)
1 whole avocado
6 bacon strips
Sharp white cheddar cheese (I’m partial to Cabot!)
Pinch of salt
1. Slice cheese and avocado; set aside.
2. Cook bacon in whatever method you like best.
3. Spread one bread slice with butter and place in skillet. Layer cheese, bacon, and avocado on top, sprinkling the avocado slices with a pinch of salt.
4. Leave the sandwich open-face and fry until golden brown, then remove from skillet and set aside on a plate.
5. Butter other piece of bread and fry until golden brown, then place on top to complete the sandwich. (*Tip: Toasting the top half by itself keeps your sandwich from falling apart from flipping it!)
6. Repeat steps 3-6 for the second sandwich.
What’s your favorite thing to make for a quick and easy lunch? I need some ideas!